Monday 11 June 2012

THREE THINGS



Some say that tiredness makes you foggy in the head…
I find that tiredness brings about clarity..
I just completed a 20 hour stint in the kitchen…7am to 3am…wow…
But on the drive home I realized that there are only three things in life which I truly need..clarity in life….the essentials required in life to exist and to survive in a hard working life…

1    A comfortable sofa….several reasons really….married or unmarried it matters not, a sofa is where you will entertain, watch videos, tv and relax and therefore it will need to be comfortable as it is probably is the most utilized piece of sitting matter in the house.  On top of this if you are in a relationship or married and there is an argument, it usually ends up that the guy gets kicked to the sofa, for me, I cant wait to kicked to the sofa, I grab that pillow and run to it, like a kid going to the state fair, its awesome….always make sure the sofa is way more comfortable than the bed, and that way even if you lose the argument, you win the battle…..and its nice to sleep peacefully on the sofa thinking of the other half tossing and turning on a hard lumpy mattress…ha ha ha
Silent victories are sweeter victories !! Lastly of course the comfortable sofa is a requirement of the hard worker for simply its nice to sit, put your feet up and suddenly wake up 7 hours later and find that you had a restful sleep without having had to move location from your initial collapse into bed….

2    The second essential requirement of a busy worker, is a great car. I have the same car now that I had in the land of my 26th floor oasis and I love it…For decades I never got the love of cars, but today I do. Its an extension of your soul. The world does not exist outside the cabin to my mean machine.. Literally!! I pulled into Carrefour last week , parked, hit the break and woke up twenty minutes later when the phone rang… A car should be as comfortable to sit in as your sofa….it does not matter if the passenger seats are hard and lumpy, just the cockpit seat, should be an armchair from which you can command the tank you drive… I don’t like little cars, they make a mess when you hit some thing and a big car just goes over everything…much more convenient… I adore my car.  Also if you have an argument with a loved one and the sofa remains too close to the battle ground, you can run with your pillow like a kid at the state fair and go sleep in the car…

3.     Finally the only other thing a busy worker needs is a good GPS device with a great voice behind the screen. I have that. The woman who voices my GPS is my rock. She never gets lost  and she offers me so many options and she never argues with me even when I get lost, she just recalculates and on we go. She is amazing. The perfect woman. She does not harp on that I took the wrong turn or that I missed a junction or in my happiness to drive that I took the second exit not the third on a roundabout., simply she just takes a second and recalculates and on we go. She’s a fun loving girl too, I punched in a street name the other day and with bad misspelling on my behalf she informed me that the sreet was in the UK, England. It took me a second but I thought wow, why not.. the shop will run itself , lets go… Then I realized I did not have enough petrol and the wallet remained in the kitchen so despite her tease of a side trip to the British Isles, I had to relent and make her recalculate.


That’s pretty much it though..
Many friends cart furniture from country to country, I never have. I live like a nomad. I am the least materialistic guy on the planet. I don’t want junk, I arrived on the planet without anything and don’t want it cremated with me so why waste hard earned cash on it.

Here today and gone tomorrow has a whole new meaning when you don’t own anything. Except that cheeky little voice on the GPS, she’s coming with me when I next move to another country, everything else, superfluous.

Oh wait, I lie…..there is a fourth item required of my lifestyle….My APPLE Mac Book Air….but its not really a material object, its part of me…
Cieu till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment