Sunday 17 June 2012

Five, Six and Seven............




A few days back I wrote of the three things I need in life . The only three things in life I require as a nomad to feel at home. I ended the blog with number four, my MacBook air, which is my lifeline to the planet and to the planetary system which is my inner thoughts.. I literally type everything I am thinking….

So this morning I was leaving work at 4am and I just had an overbearing urge to hear my best friends voice and see how he was doing…At moments like that time Zones don’t mean much, but we are friends and I knew he’d forgive me for waking him on his part of the planet…

His first question was why are you awake and what time is it….?
And that’s when I realised that despite what I wrote the other day there are three other things missing from my NOMADS GUIDE TO HAPPINESS…..

Remember, 1 is a comfortable sofa, 2 is a comfortable car and 3 was an amazing sounding GPS device, 4 of course as I have stated again is my MacBook Air…

Work completed at 4am and number 5 struck me like a thunderbolt… an amazing  career.! There were several years a decade or so ago where I tried to change careers, infact I have always wanted to practice Law…. But I stayed with Pastry and seriously, who wouldn’t its amazing…
Making the planet a happier place one cake at a time is an amazing feeling. I love making the requests at BLOSSOM SWEETS because you just know when people open up the box they are going to go WOW….and the planet will be a better place for a while.
Today I am actually fortunate because I do have two great careers, food and writing and they both allow me to be creative in different ways and to totally express what is inside of me.
Having those two portals of self discovery available at al times is a great way to live and to find freedom.
 And of course if you have an amazing career or careers you need an amazing best friend to share it with no matter the time you call him… and he is number 6.
In 2012 alone I have been privileged to travel extensively with this sensational job of mine, Canada, Hawaii, USA, Phillipines, and Bahrain to name a few, and all the while I have been able to tell my friend of what I’m doing and how it all goes and he is happy for me. You don’t need a thousand friends on Facebook when you have one real friend in life.
Well it now nears 5am and I have to be back at work at 9am so finally I am reminded of the 7th requirement of a NOMADS GUIDE TO HAPPINESS…. Yep, the only real materialistic object I have other than a handful of clothes is….a coffee machine… . I could not live with out my dozen espresso’s a day. There is just something so calming too in the house about the smell of a freshly roasted coffee being brewed. I make a point of never getting in the car without having had a coffee. Other drivers beware if ever that changes. I m just a nicer guy with a an espresso running through my veins.

Anyway its time to curl up on the comfy sofa and let the head rest for an hour or two….a warm cup of coffee always makes me sleepy  !!

I may only have an hour or two till I head back to the kitchen, but I have everything I need, and that’s soothes this soul a plenty……

Have a great day folks..
And remember
GOOD THINGS BLOOM, GREAT THINGS BLOSSOM

No comments:

Post a Comment