Thursday 24 February 2011

TOUGH MONTH IN THE LITTLE HOOD


Cant and won’t say much about the regional problems, I’m a foodie,not a politician or journalist.  
I believe in, and love the kitchen for the safety, job security and tolerances it has shown me over 30 years. In the kitchen it does not matter race, creed, age, gender, religion or anything else, merely whether or not you can do the job that you have accepted to do.
I, as with many thousands of others have of course been saddened by seeing a great small country which allows us to reside here, divided over the past weeks . Lets hope everyone can come to the table and sought out differences and return it to the safe haven that we who live here , know it to be.

Okay, and onto the blog. 
Warning to all new bloggers; NEVER EVER LET THE STRESS OF THE REAL WORLD MAKE YOU FORGET YOUR USER ID OR PASSWORD. 
Write it down everywhere. Wow, its taken me 3 days to sift through my memory banks to get back online!!!
And,...... onto the food though. And this month I want to highlight a young and rising star in the global food scene. Sean Nathan Kingsbury. This 26 year old, Hong Kong born, Australian heart throb will undoubtedly be the next Jamie Oliver once “found” by the right agencies, talent managers and television producers. He has charisma, looks and most importantly the style and creativity in the kitchen to re-think even the simplest dishes into gastronomical dishes of wonder.
As proof of such I post this week (could it be this month – lets see how busy we get shall we!!) some photos of his amazing salads.
Potato Salad

An under-considered and forgotten dish among most menus of virtually every restaurant globally, salads have been relegated to the too tough basket along with many things. many chefs jumped on the Chemical gastronomy band wagon and staked their reputations on new and over creative ways with main courses; hydrating, rehydrating, freezing, poaching and slow cooking (for days) the smallest amounts of meat or cryogenically reconsidered particles, to acheive very little at all. 
Sean Nathan Kingsbury has allowed fads to come and go. Methodically and instinctively Sean remains on a singular track of taking great food and making it better.
Salads are what made me aware of his genius. I am one who refuses to pay for either salads or pasta at any restaurant. Having worked in the industry for 30 years I know how cheap they are to produce and how disappointing they can be once purchased. Sean Kingsbury’s salads  are different. They have body and soul, they have taste, texture and are exciting to view and eat, leaving you longing for more.  If anyone could ever open a restaurant simply based upon salads and make it work, Sean Nathan Kingsbury is the man and the chef to do it.
TUNA PASTA SALAD

I'm no small person, partly as a result of an unhealthy lifestyle courtesy of a life spent around great food. The food of Sean Kingsbury is light, delicious and memorable. He makes me "Want" to eat healthier - and that as far as I'm concerned is a millionaire waiting to be found.
Mark my words in 2011, twenty years from now Sean nathan Kingsbury will be the headliner at most symposiums of food, he will be the genius of books and television and the one people ask for the next "big thing" in food.

In final words for this blog may I simply round two topics up, with one quote,  borrowed from the Hard Rock Café mantra ,”Love All – Serve All”.
May peace reign among the earth, especially in the Middle East where I adore living and working and may salad be served to everyone.
Till next time my friends, Bon Appetite.
BEETROOT MOUSSE, GREENS AND PAIN D'EPICE SALAD
COBB SALAD

1 comment:

  1. Unquestionably believe that which you stated. Your favorite reason appeared to be on the net
    the simplest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I definitely get
    annoyed while people think about worries that they plainly don't know about.
    You managed to hit the nail upon the top as well as defined out the whole thing without having side effect
    , people could take a signal. Will likely be back
    to get more. Thanks

    my blog post; Jeansi Dama

    ReplyDelete