Friday 11 February 2011

A Horse is a Horse, Of Course! of Course!

I have come to two conclusions today. The first, that anyone who Blogs on a daily basis, either does it as there primary job, has no job or is independently wealthy. I just don't get the time to BLOG everyday!!
I have stuff to write, dreams to fulfill, a paying job to do! So after just three Blogs, I'm going weekly. lucky I started a Blog and not a newspaper Eh!!
Oh, the second conclusion was that , as expected, I am not a natural artist. My horses head looking still more like a pony than a horse.
Judge for yourself.....
Arabian Horse cake
Anyway, it still looked pretty good and hopefully the recipient thinks so too.
So the other things we made today were some glass desserts using glasses I purchased in September in Thailand and carefully carried home with me in hand luggage. They are gorgeous, like the dessert is floating in mid air, but they are far too fragile to use for hotels or restaurants so we have scrapped the idea of using them commercially.
We used a passionfruit gellee base, a Lemon creme centre and chocolate mousse top. The sweetness of the top layer allows the other two to be more and more tart as you get down to the base. A delicious enlivening taste sensation.

I have also been wanting to use Basil as a major flavor in a dessert for sometime and so the LEMON BASIL DELICE with Passionfruit Glaze was born. The flavor is so pungent that every mouthful combines basil, Tart lemon mousse and passionfruit glaze in every single bite. I knew it would be nice, but actually it was sensational.
When the taste is so spectacular, there is no need for much garnish and so the basil leaf and the dried slice of lemon states exactly what the dish contains and needs nothing else.
Basil Citrus Delice with Passionfruit Glaze
I have lots of writing commitments for the now, so lucky there are not many people watching this blog yet, coz, for the next week its going to go silent. I need to work , cook and write and then I'll tantalise your taste buds yet again.
Next birthday cake scheduled for Feb 24th for a charming little three year old girl. Hello Kitty is the theme so lets hope it looks better than my horse. Of Course! Of Course!




No comments:

Post a Comment