Monday 1 January 2018

Evolving !

ev·o·lu·tion
ˌevəˈlo͞oSH(ə)n/
noun
  1. 1
    the gradual development of something, especially from a simple to a more complex form.


    Happy New Year everyone!!

    I recently had a discussion about "Evolution" with a senior Cheffing colleague, and it reminded me In have not blogged in some time. 
    The death of my mother, took away my regular words and nothing seemed to fit the bill for the 101'st blog entry.
    Nearly 5 years later, time has assisted in my personal "evolution" into what and who I am today, and words have begun to fill the voids within my head. I am not the person I was when my mother filled my life with constant joy of her weekly phone calls, but I am a better me than I have been for sometime. 

    Before I get to those words though, I am pleased that the blog has never actually gone quiet in the years since my regular blogging. 
    Nearly 50,000 views now make me very happy that there is a future here.
    I would truly like to thank those who write to me constantly asking for blog updates and I am sorry it has taken so long. (Anyone who has ever lost anyone, will understand though that some parts of the jigsaw just never fit again after you have been so abruptly pulled apart.). From all over the planet, I am honoured that you read and return for more , I truly promise from now on - to update regularly.

    So today in the continued "EVOLUTION" of pastry and plated desserts  I give you our  best desserts of 2017 which indeed prove that from the previous WHIMS OF FANCY- plated desserts posts, I have indeed evolved already, and  I'll post even more photos of our desserts soon.
    We have a selection of varied outlets and therefore the concepts and themes change regularly, so too do the flavours and ingredients we work with, and the research has just begun for the next evolutionary steps.

    By next year, we will have "Evolved" even further, a current new project guarantees that eventuality.
    Here then are some desserts I am proud of and that have appeared fleetingly or for a period of time at PARISIAN MACAU HOTEL by our phenomenal team of pastrychefs that join me daily on our conquest to turn sugar into mouthwatering dishes. 
    Enjoy and come back soon for words and more.

    Praline cheesecake


    Green tea and raspberries

    Evolution doesn't mean doing away with traditions- it just means they evolve into near perfection - such as this cafe creme caramel 

    Hummingbird on roasted pineapple with lime mint sorbet

    S'mores

    NEW YORK CHEESECAKE



    SEVEN DEGREES OF COCONUT

    ALMOND AND PINEAPPLE "REVELATION"- ALMOND CREME-COMPRESSED CORIANDER PINEAPPLE-ROASTE WHOLE ALMONDS-PINEAPPLE FOAM-PINEAPPLE GINGER SORBET

    DRAGONS BEARD - TAHINI MOUSSE- PEANUT MOUSSE, VANILLA PASHMAK, DARK CHOCOLATE- MANGO

    PORTUGESE EGG TART (EVOLVED) 


    CARAMEL SUNDAE - SALTED CARAMEL ICE CREAM-CARAMEL POPCORN-CARAMEL SHARDS-DULCEY CHOCOLATE-CARAMEL SAUCE

    BLACKFOREST

    GINGERBREAD CHEESECAKE-STOLLEN SOIL-ARMAGNAC MANJARI CREMEAUX,FRESH FIGS

    CAFE LIEGEOIS - LIQUID NITROGEN FROZEN WHITE COFFEE ICE-CREAM-ORANGE COFFEE GELLEE-YOGURT CREMEAUX-CAFE SABLE-ESPRESSO SHOOTER

    TEA TIME - HONG KONG MILK TEA- GREEN TEA PANN COTTA- GREEN TEA SABLE- OOLONG TEA ICECREAM



No comments:

Post a Comment