Tuesday 8 March 2011

MARCH, MARCH, MARCH…. I LOVE MARCH



Wow, what a month. I love March.
First of all thanks to those who have already congratulated me on the big win of the year. And for those who do not know, ARABIAN DREAMS, our teams little book made here in the tiny nation island of Bahrain, had been awarded BEST ARABIC TITLE COOKBOOK IN THE WORLD….. yes IN THE WORLD...by the Gourmand Cookbook Awards at the Cookbook Fair in Paris on March 3rd.

BEST ARABIC TITLE COOKBOOK...........IN THE WORLD

My team are thrilled with the win, for it truly justifies in ourselves anyway the time and effort we spent on testing the recipes, baking for the pictures and most important …EATING.. all the dishes that went into this amazing achievement of a book.
As I have written before, this was book 15 for me, but truly this baby was my proudest. Amazing that when you dream up a concept, believe in it 1000% and then carry it through financially and all, what an amazing labor of love can really create.
Now lets try and find someone who will print ARABIAN DREAMS in ARABIC so the real people we produced this for, can truly enjoy it.

On March 6th A very dear friend of mine had a birthday and even I must say, I was shocked at the beauty of the birthday gift received.

On March 11th I’ll be flying to Dubai to appear at the Emirates Literary Festival and signing copies of ARABIAN DREAMS…..did I mention it was also crowned ONE OF THE TOP 57 COOKBOOKS IN THE WORLD.
Following my  showing up and signing copies for avid readers, ( I do pray someone turns up) I’m then off to Paris. My favorite city on the planet, unashamedly from a pastry perspective. I’ll be working during my time there. Firstly being a student myself at the Bellouet Conseil and then visiting my favorite equipment, literary and ingredient haunts and bringing all that goodness back with me.
I’ll be returning at the end of the month , but let me state that On March 27th I’ll be turning 42 years of age.
Proud 42 year old chef with his teams cookbook ARABIAN DREAMS (wait till you see our next book- if you think this was amazing......)
So you can see why I love March so badly. Its going to be a party month for me.
I’ll be posting photos from Dubai, Paris and of the birthday so please stay tuned and I hope I can tempt you into the kitchen with some of the amazing photos.
Remember people, in the words of Hard Rock café, “LOVE ALL-SERVE ALL”  
Chocolate and Pistachio tart...mmmh mmmh mmmmmmm

CUBE DUBAI...chocolate chocolate and more chocolate...YUM

2 comments:

  1. Awesome!! Congratulations again, again , again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Aaron, you deserve it and well done bro!

    ReplyDelete