Saturday 19 November 2011

MOVING PAST PASTILLAGE....I promise !!

 You'd really think that all I had done in the past 3 months is make pastillage...... But the truth is....I've been very busy doing many other things.

Pastillage has become my stress reliever !

When quiet I make the dough and as soon as possible thereafter I cut the pieces.
Colouring, painting, spray painting and putting everything together can occur at any point in time past this when i get the chance and when I need the stress relief.

Some days you just want to paint. ! and be left alone with your own thoughts. (a little difficult when in charge of 16 other chefs in the section, but possible)

This past three weeks have seen the airbrush on the link and so I had to resort to the old style paintbrush and chocolate piping bag for colouring and markings.
Still, I have no complaints for I believe the pieces still worked out wuite nicely and proves that not all modern techniques are required to achieve the age old art of pastillage.


I found the stencils for music notes in an art shop in LA, I love the way they look













And to those wondering, yes this is the last I'll post on pastillage.
Enough has been said and done in this art form for a life time.
Next posting will be a return to other sweet arts.
Happy ending to the year 2011 and may 2012 bring amazing new opportunites to us all.

2 comments:

  1. wow. these look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like reading a post that will make men and women think.
    Also, thank you for allowing for me to comment!



    Feel free to surf to my webpage :: k53 learners

    ReplyDelete