Tuesday 10 July 2012

Breeze of Change, Droplets of Wonder

A friend of mine has been emailing all week from Dubai and praying for rain...
Ha, little chance as we receive nothing less than 40 degrees most days. 
Then yesterday in Dubai during a Sandstorm, they got rain..albeit a few sputtering droplets, it was none the less rain.
It's funny what we pray for....we want rain but when they received it, it was not as they had imagined...but on the back of a sandstorm, turning everything dirty brown and as todays email stated, "turned my car into something from a war zone"...
I guess my friend should have prayed for clear, clean rain , praying to be in another country at the time of it would probably help as well..
I'm down the road though in Abu Dhabi and we have not seen rain for....well all I can attest to is 60 long days....before that I'm not sure when they had rain but certainly not since my trip here this time....
and theres not much greenery growing in the dessert areas around Mussafa thats for sure.

But instead of praying for rain, which in any case would be about as successful as my friends request which ended in a mud bath for Dubai, I have a better plan ....
I'm heading home , back to Bahrain and back to the gorgeous oasis which is my home....The walnut floors, the teak cabinets, the three bathrooms, the private office where so many words have been tapped out onto laptops , the amazing pool which in summers heat will be an amazing relief and for everything else that that place holds dear for me....my sanctuary... 
I have one rule in my house and that is that phones remain off inside....It is zen quiet on my home...Unnerving for some...but I refuse to be bothered in this place of wonder...the views are all that one needs to take in and the solitude, the peace from a maddening world and sleep...yes long , long days of sleep.
Anyway's before I head back home, and onto the next adventure, I thought I'd post a few of this weeks amazing creations from the kitchens of BLOSSOM SWEETS in Abu Dhabi before I leave.... 


















No comments:

Post a Comment