Tuesday 24 May 2011

Another "ONE", bites the dust........!!

The beauty of written words, is that you can delete them.
But some words do not deserve to be deleted.
Their existence can be an important reminder.
A reminder to stay on track, to stay the course and be true to ourselves, a reminder of weakness or a reminder of the amazing things we have seen and done.

I have lost count at how many people have commented on my blog about “The One”.
Is She truly the One? Who is THE ONE? Is the ONE the ONE to get a ring?

Well let me put it to you all, this way.
Sometimes the ONE needs to be clarified.
The ONE that got away! or The last ONE! Or the ONE that broke my heart ! or just another ONE in a long line of ONEs!

Locks on the Bridge,"Pont Des Arts", Paris, prove ones undying commitment for the "ONE"

I could of course simply tell a “fib” and say the ONE was the perfect ONE and that me and ONE are living happily ever after? Or I could delete reference to the ONE all together and never have anyone ask me again about the experience ever again?

But why , that is life afterall?

“That which does not kill us, simply makes us stronger”…so said someone else!!

And I am a strong believer that to have loved the ONE for a fleeting moment in time ..... to have felt the loving embrace and warmth of returned affection even for a moment, is better than to have never felt it throughout a lifetime.
I am lucky that in my lifetime I have had the pleasure of many ONEs.
Perfect ONEs at the time until our relationship hot its 'expiration date", and they just became...the last ONE.
The ONE may be gone, but soon she will be replace by another ONE, who in turn will undoubtedly be replace by ONE more.

I am a transient person living a transient lifestyle.
I travel often and my heart travels with me, hence where ever I go,  I find some ONE to fill the current void.
It may be horrific to consider for some. Some people have found their ONE, a ONE AND ONLY  but for me I have not been so lucky.
No ONE ever stays forever.

One day I might be so lucky, till then, Next ONE please??
Who really needs some "ONE" when we all have PARIS!!!!!!
The real "One and Only"

1 comment:

  1. "I am a transient person living a transient lifestyle.
    I travel often and my heart travels with me, hence where ever I go, I find some ONE to fill the current void" - no truer words were spoken.

    Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete