Sunday 17 May 2015

HONG KONG




I have travelled 85 countries in 35 years, I had a job once that saw me flying more each week than most fly in a year and I have frequent flyer miles cards from nearly two dozen airlines.
yet for the past 18 months I was actually happy not to fly anymore.

The last flight I took was the funeral of my mother,other than the flight that relocated me to the Philippines. I guess the flight home to say good bye to Mum was enough and I just did not want to fly anymore after that. I was finally done !!

Suddenly in the space of two weeks I will tomorrow be traveling to hong Kong for the second time.
The first was a work trip, the second is pure and absolute luxurious time off.
Flying was fun last week, but it was about a comfortable seat and sleep as I had a freshly broken rib and had worked a very long day with it.
This trip is about, no laptops, no work, no phones, just peace, pool and relaxation.
So on the eve of my next flight I thought I had better post a few photos of the wondrousness that was Hong Kong, last week, so that I can free up some space for the posting of next weeks photos.
Food glorious researching food and some free time and fun will be the order of the day.

A good friend worked there for years and speaks admirably of the once British enclave, others I know speak not so fondly of the place. As confusing as it is tiny, I do know that it takes forever to get a taxi and even UBER has its issues finding you at busy times.
Schedule and plan, I was warned for a trip to Hong Kong and so after posting this, I am off to plan dinners, lunches and getaways as well as sleep time, pool time and massages.

to those who are reading the blog from the Ukraine, Sri Lanka and Finland, Welcome !! it is a pleasure to find new readers of the words and I appreciate the time you spend search through the old posts.

Be safe and see you all again soon, and enjoy the pics of Hong Kong's HOFEX 2015 and some of the hotel in which we stayed last week and this, the amazing Peninsula Hong Kong.



THE PENINSULA HONG KONG
The LOBBY

The Peninsula Hong Kong's lobby, the perfect way to start the day - coffee and a newspaper

the pool

heaven in water

The BBQ room - yummy - a behind the scenes photo
THE PENINSULA BOUTIQUE

THE PEN BOUTIQUE
PEN BOUTIQUE pastries




HOFEX 2015





No comments:

Post a Comment